This is the 13th year of the Iams Home 4 the Holidays adoption drive! One of the world’s largest pet adoption programs, this annual adoption program, held in partnership with the incredible Helen Woodward Animal Center, has set a goal of finding new homes for 1.5 million orphaned pets around the world. Since the program began, it has helped 5.8 million pets find loving homes.
From now through January 3, 2012, Iams and Helen Woodward Animal Center will team up with over 3,500 animal organizations worldwide for this special event. Every pet adopted through the program will receive an Iams adoption kit loaded with important information about nutrition, training and proper care to ensure their relationship with the new animal starts off on the right paw.
“Each year, as many as 4 million orphaned dogs and cats are euthanized due to shelter overcrowding – that is approximately one pet every eight seconds,” said Mike Arms, founder of the adoption drive and president of Helen Woodward Animal Center. “Since partnering with Iams on the adoption drive 13 years ago, we have really seen the benefit of what this program can do for orphaned animals, and the families who adopt.”
How Everyone Can Help
Along with the adoption portion of the program, the campaign is also providing shelters and rescues with much needed food donations. With the help of consumers, the Iams Bags 4 Bowls program aims to donate 5 million meals to animals housed in participating organizations. You can lend a hand by simply:
- Visiting the Iams Facebook page and clicking to “Like” the page or various messages, photos, videos, etc. For each “Like” comment, photo posted, etc., Iams will donate meals.
- Becoming a fan of the Iams Facebook page and creating a custom adoption announcement or holiday card to share the news of your new four-legged family member or just send a season’s greeting to your family and friends. For each card created and shared, Iams will donate meals.
- Purchasing specially-marked packages of Iams dog or cat food during the duration of the campaign. For every specially-marked package sold, Iams will donate one bowl of food to a participating Iams Home 4 The Holidays animal organization.
As we mentioned, we’re cohosting a blog hop along with our pet blogging buddies, The Tiniest Tiger’s Conservation Cub Club, Preston Speaks, Pet Blogs United, Fidose of Reality, Pet News and Views, and PetsWeekly.
You can show your support by joining the Iams Home 4 the Holidays Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop…and for every blog that joins the hop through October 10, another 100 bowls of food will be donated! Here’s how to join:
- Write a post on your blog to show your added support for the Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop and link up your blog name and URL using the Linky Tool below (where it says “Click Here To Enter”). You only need to add your link once to be seen on all the Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop Linky Tools.
- Grab the linky code and add it to your post so everyone can hop around and make new friends. (Just click the “Get the Code Here” link to obtain the code.)
- Stop by the other blog hop co-hosts–The Tiniest Tiger’s Conservation Cub Club, Preston Speaks, Pet Blogs United, Fidose of Reality, Pet News and Views, and PetsWeekly–to say hello.
- Visit other blogs that are supporting the Blogging 4 Bowls Blog Hop. Make new friends and/or reconnect with old friends!